Here’s wishing you a happy, safe, and healthy holiday season. This is Speaking of Safety’s final post for 2010, and I’ll be back in the new year with more stories for you.
It’s been a pleasure to talk with so many dedicated people and share their stories since I started this blog in July. Thanks for reading, posting, retweeting, and otherwise spreading the word on my safety stories.
Please email me if you have stories to share. I would love to hear from you!
Most popular posts of 2010
Here are the Top-5 most-viewed posts on SpeakingOfSafety in 2010:
1. Five safety blogs to check out – Blogs that cover workplace health and safety issues in their jurisdictions and in general. Some evaluate regulatory changes (in great detail) and all are updated at least twice a week
2. Trick or treaters get lesson in PPE – This fun and visual costume for kids gently introduces the importance of personal protective equipment.
3. What’s wrong with this picture? – WorkSafe Magazine challenges you to find at least six hazards staged in a photo each issue. Answers are coming from as far away as Africa, Poland, India, Ireland, and the United Arab Emirates. Try it.
4. 8 steps to a good crew talk – I wrote this based on a talk from WorkSafeBC’s Bruce Jackson at the Manufacturing Safety Conference in 2008. See my story about it in the May/June 2008 issue of WorkSafe Magazine.
5. “Slow down” posters hit hard – What’s up with speeding drivers? Why are they so angry? Are they super stressed out and under pressure? These posters – showing workers with their loved ones – give drivers a jolt of reality.